Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Gone and Done It

Well, I've gone and done it. I've signed up for my first NaNoWriMo.

The whole month of November will be dedicated to completing 50,000 words of Echoes of Regret. I will have to complete an average of 1,667 words a day to meet this goal, which is 8,333 a week. I'm used to writing 6,000 a week, so this will be a nice challenge.

I think I'll be fine. I've got my outline pretty fleshed out and my characters well developed. The only downfall will be the month itself. November is the start of our family's "birthday season", my favorite holiday (Thanksgiving), and Xmas shopping time.

Of course, I'm the one who wanted to become a published author. No matter what the month, I have to be able to focus my writing energies and creative outputs to create a manuscript in a reasonable time frame. This will be a great method to continue that career development.

Any of you participating in the NaNoWriMo? Any tips from you NaNoWriMo veterans?

Good writing all!

No comments:

Post a Comment