Sunday, March 16, 2014

Up for Air

Wow, that is all I can say.

It's writing like this current WIP that draws the passion of the craft out in me. I don't know what it was, but I was very thankful for it. With the last torturous book I started to worry that the joy of writing might be dwindling.

Glad to know that wasn't the case.

This new story in the Interstellar Intelligence Agency series has been a blast. The storyline line has kept me intrigued. The characters have behaved themselves (for the most part). And the subplots fit like a perfect puzzle to the main story arch.

It's almost scary. It's almost scary on many levels.

(Yes, I had to repeat that sentence for writerly effect... just go with it.)

Let me explain The story almost going too well, which, hello, means a great fall potentially down the road. Then, on a whole other level, after this manuscript is submitted I will for the first time in many years be without a contract.

Since 2010 I've been working from deadline to deadline. I've had the vision of the books I've wanted to do lined up in a nice little order to hit one by one. This latest book will be my 10th publication in 4 years.

4 Years!

I know there are many authors out there who just "pfft'd", but for me that's a lot. That's 2-3 books a year. That's a lot of friggin characters filtering in and out of my head in a short timespan.

Yes, I have a whole folder of brainstorming ideas. And yes, I have the next story in mind.

However, this story is a little (okay lot) outside of the box of my genre. I'm going to go further into the speculative fiction realm than I ever imagined I would. I'm ready to stretch my comfort zone a bit, which will take more time than usual.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing this wonderful article. We are the best At&t support,at&t wirless support, Contact at&t helpline,at&t customer care How to Contact at&t wirless support

    ReplyDelete