Sunday, April 10, 2011

Coming to Terms with Boundaries

As you all have seen, I don't have a Six Sentence Sunday up today. Let me explain. I've loved participating in the weekly event and getting to know so many new writers. But, probably as you've noticed, I've barely had time to read all the SSS writers and comment on very few of them. The main reason is that Sunday's are my biggest writing days, along with Saturdays. Having a regular 9-5 job, I only get to write about 1500 words a day throughout the week. The weekends are where I can have time to write 6-7K words a day. With my looming deadlines (which keeps growing) I've had to look at all my activities and prioritize them. Here are some of the biggies:

  • Involved with publisher edit rounds for Duty and Devotion in preparation for June release

  • Going through manuscript preparation on Telomere Trilogy Book 1: Revelations of Tomorrow for deadline submission to publisher in less than eight weeks

  • Working on first draft revisions/edits to Telomere Trilogy Book 2: Echoes of Regret

  • Finishing the rough draft of Telomere Trilogy Book 3: Ending Eternity
After all of this cool stuff, I've got to finish the first draft of my 1930s mystery-inspired SFR, Lilly's Journey, and complete the outline for my coming female-driven SF investigative series, title TBD. It's both exciting and unnerving to see my dream of being an actively published author is coming true. Exciting because, well, it's my dream. Unnerving because, it's a lot of work and I've got so many things to accomplish. It's also a little sad, because it means I have to let go of some of the fun extra things I'm used to being able to chill out and do. I'll still check in the SSS crew, but most likely throughout the week. The site is listed on my Blog Roll for those of you who want to keep up with all the awesome tidbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment