Friday, December 31, 2010

Wow, Writing for 2011

This is crazy. It's so hard to imagine tomorrow is a whole new year. When I was a kid in the 80s I imagined 2010 being a lot different than it turned out to be. No flying car. No space colony. No exploration beyond our system.

But there is one thing I imagined as a kid in the 80s. There in my color striped socks, cuffed and ripped jeans, mousy brown hair and big blue rimmed glasses. I'd just come off the disappointment of not being able to become an astronaut due to my eyesight. I was just over the dream of becoming Optimus Prime or Bruce Lee.

What was left was FBI Agent and writing. Writing was something I just did. It's cliche, I know. I won my first writing contest in 2nd grade and knew I wanted people to read my imaginations on paper.

And now look. Here I am all grown up. Not an FBI Agent though my interrogation skills are excellent due to parenting, but I am an author. People have read my work. Some have hated it and some have liked it, but they've read my imaginations on paper.

So what's my plan for 2011? "We're going to take over the world, Pinkie."...heehee. Okay, not really (not yet). There are a couple writerly things I want to do in 2011.
  1. I just finished the rough draft of my second book in the Telomere Trilogy so I have to gussy that up.
  2. I have completed the outline and done a few thousand words of the last book in the Telomere Trilogy and have to complete that manuscript this year.
  3. I want to complete Damarion's Voyage. It's about 60% done, but I put it on hold to complete this series.
  4. I have two short stories, one in rough draft form and the other almost complete. I'd like to finish those up and get them out into some magazines. One I think is going to be an Asimov submission. (One of my life goals is to get something printed in the Asimov magazine.)
  5. I have a new series idea that I've been formulating. I'd like to outline the series and then start breaking down the books.
  6. And of course, I've got ideas I'd like to brainstorm and dozen of brainstorms I'd like to outline.

Overall, like any other writer, I have too many things I want to do and probably won't get it all done. But there's always 2012 and beyond.

What are some of your 2011 goals?

Happy New Year and good writing all!

No comments:

Post a Comment