Thursday, November 18, 2010

Argh!

I've hit that familiar wall and soooo at the wrong time.

I've committed myself to NanoWriMo. I'm 10K from finishing...and I've hit my last scenes of Echoes of Regret. Since I'm a layering writer, this happens to me every time. I get to the end and cannot write it out until the other layers are put on. This wouldn't be such a problem, if I hadn't already started the manuscript (about 15K in). Now, if I were to start my layering fills, part of my NaNoWriMo word count would be in word count I did before NaNoWriMo began.

What to do? What to do? I could force the end, but I know it won't work. I've got too many already identified plot holes I know will affect the ending too significantly. I hate inefficiency and wasted effort.

I guess I could put on track changes and copy/paste into a side document at the end of each writing session. It's cumbersome, but I think the most plausible plan that fits my writing style.

...Ugh...

Good writing all!

No comments:

Post a Comment