Saturday, November 6, 2010

Knowing and Understanding Limits

All is going well. Just finished a fun filled family day and now hitting the laptop for my daily NaNo word count. So far, NaNo has done three things for me.
  1. Confirmed I do have a very healthy writing habit that is consistent and productive
  2. Proved my plotting method really does work in streamlining and emphasising my creative flow
  3. Proved I could double my productivity without impeding on my family or stressing my creative boundaries
As a result, I will be adjusting my normal word count to increase my monthly goal. That is, NaNo aside, I commit to write 6K a week (two 1500 word count sessions during the week/one 3000 word count session on the weekend). Now, I will be committing myself to four 1500 word count session during the week and one 5000 word count session on the weekend. My new weekly writing goal will be 11K.

Of course, this will decrease when a manuscript is complete and I engage in my editing/revision phases. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Good writing all!

2 comments:

  1. You're brave to put those goals out there. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks Amber. I find I stick best to my goals when I've made them publicly.

    I have to say though, I was pleasantly surprised how well 1500 words an evening fit into my schedule.

    ReplyDelete