Sunday, January 23, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

I've been hearing this whisper, which has been slowly growing louder...."Six Sentence Sunday". After looking into it and seeing the fun some of my blogging friends have been having, I decided to join in. For those of you who don't know, in a nut shell it's posting six sentences of any writing you have. WIP, unpublished, published...whatever.

I thought it might be fun to mix things up a bit and put six sentences of the first book in my Telomere Trilogy, Revelations of Tomorrow. (Remember, this is contracted with DB so things might be revised during the formal editing phase.)

This is it:
"Jetta McCree opened her eyes to blackness streaked by white. Panic set in on the first cold-seared breath fogging the surface in front of her. She fought to control it. Tentatively, she touched the clear glass and cringed at the burning cold. She slid her hands to eye level. The black silhouette of them contrasted with the whir of stars in the background."
Well, not too painful and...yes...quite fun. I think I'll definitely make this a weekly thing.

Good writing all!

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to SSS! I've been doing it for months and really love it!

    Your snippet was very intriguing. Makes me want to read more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sandra - Thanks for the welcome! I'm thinking I really like the SSS thing too. I'm glad you liked the excerpt!

    @ Beth - Thanks for stopping by! Yes, it's posted on your own blog. You can make it formal and register your blog on the SSS site (link in the post) and they'll list a link to it on their site. I didn't do that this week, but will start to I think. I hope you join the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been thinking of trying this myself. Love what you chose. Very much makes me want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've named you as a Stylish Blogger. Drop into my blog to see how to "accept" the award. http://mgddasef.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger.html

    Cheers,
    Marva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jillian. THat's the ultimate compliment you can give an author! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marva, you are the ultimate! THank you so much. I'm honored to be called stylish in anything...most of the time I can't find matching socks!

    I will be by shortly to check this out.

    ReplyDelete