Monday, February 7, 2011

Book Feature: "Daniella" by JoAnn Carter

Hello by bloggie friends!

Today I have author friend JoAnn Carter stopping by to chit chat about her release from White Rose Publishing, titled "Daniella". Thanks so much JoAnn for coming by and sharing this book with us.

This is definitely on my TBR list. Read on and see why...

Blurb:
When Harrison Beckman meets his father’s secretary, Daniella Duncan, she’s shy and self-conscious. Harrison, however, is determined to get to know her better. Before he gets to do that a rival comes along to steal Dani’s heart as quickly and thoroughly as the company’s contracts, which have been disappearing.

As the mystery unfolds, Harrison has to fight for the woman he loves, even though this means crossing swords with his father and his determined adversary. Will Harrison be able to find the love that could await them or will it be too late?

Tidbit about this story:
While in the middle of writing this story, I heard the song MIRROR MIRROR by Barlow Girl on the radio. As I listened to the lyrics, it hit me how many women like Dani, (the heroine in DANIELLA) struggles with self-image.

As the plot develops, and Dani comes to the realization God loves her the way he made her. I had to be honest and ask myself, "Do I believe that?" It’s easy for me to nod my head while I’m writing this, but it’s another story when I’m standing in one of those dinky changing rooms try to find a bathing suit for the summer!

Accepting myself is sometimes is a daily struggle. In the same way this story has challenged me, as you experience Dani growth reading this book, it’s my prayer that it will draw you closer to God as well. (If you’d like to hear Mirror Mirror, click onto this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZgq8pA-ipY&feature=related)

Excerpt:
Harrison took the folder from her extended hand. Her hand seemed so small, and he had the strangest desire to protect her from whatever inner battle she was fighting. "I’m sorry. I know you’ve been with our advertising firm for quite a while now, but until today, I’ve never met you." He added with a smile, "Forgive me, I’m horrible with names. What’s yours again?"

Her eyes grew wide. With a nervous catch, she said, "Daniella Duncan."

"I like that name. May I call you Daniella?"

She shrugged. "Everybody calls me Dani."

"I think I prefer Daniella." Still studying her face, Harrison added, "Somehow, Dani doesn’t seem to fit you."

"Oh, Dani fits me all right. It sounds short and fat." Her hand clamped over her mouth, and her eyes grew even wider. Harrison’s heart nearly broke when she asked, "Did I really say that out loud?"

It had been drilled into his head since he was a boy never to talk to women about two things: their age and their weight. Now, what should he do with this hanging hot potato? Ignore it. "I didn’t hear anything if you didn’t." He tried to continue with the previous introductions. "Everyone calls my father Mr. Beckman, so I go by Harrison."

"Okay. I’ll try to remember that." Daniella seemed to have reached her limit; she looked like a cat being chased by a mouse, desperate for escape.
"Um, I really need to get back now, so..."

"Sure. Thanks again." Harrison didn’t even know if she heard him as she turned and left with quick steps.

He stood quietly by his door and listened to the clickety-clack sound Daniella’s shoes made on the linoleum fade into a soft pitter-patter as she retreated down the hallway. He shut his door while contemplating the strange woman who was just in his office. Pretty but strange...yes, definitely strange. Finally, he shrugged his shoulders and went back to the tasks at hand.

Free discussion questions here: http://www.whiterosepublishing.com/discussion_Q/DQ_Daniella.pdf

Price: $3.50 (Special sale for 25% off of this price if you purchase Smuggler of the Heart. See purchase link below for details.)
Purchase link: http://www.whiterosepublishing.com/Daniella

A little bit about JoAnn...
JoAnn Carter lives in Vermont with her wonderful husband of 18 years, four children and Ginger, the best dog in the world. She enjoys being with her family & friends, writing, reading, and cooking.

In the past JoAnn has worked as a Licensed Practical Nurse, an apple orchard guide and as a substitute teacher. She is available for speaking engagements to book clubs, reader groups, library groups, women's ministry events, school events and church retreats.

Her next book, The Floating Palace, will be released July 15th through Desert Breeze Publishing. You can access the book trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDcuTF8v9bg

Contact JoAnn here:
Visit JoAnn's Web site
Connect with JoAnn on Facebook

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read. Congrats on the release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A.R.,thanks so much for having me here today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds very suspenseful - intriguing. Congrats on your release, JoAnn.

    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Jillian & Steph.

    Happy Monday~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for coming by JoAnn. I loved reading about your book and can't wait to read it!

    Jillian and Steph, thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JoAnn,
    Daniella has been on my TBR list for some time. This just encourages me to hurry it up!

    Great to see you out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. JoAnn,
    Congratulations on your book with a wonderful message for all women.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's wonderful, Tanya and Jude, you could stop by. Thanks for the comments and I'm glad you liked JoAnn's feature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Tanya and Jude. It's great to see you!

    We're settling in for another snow storm. My DH is out shoveling the roof. Stay warm~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Daniella is one of my favorite JoAnn Carter reads. It truly speaks to the God-given beauty of every woman - and the suspense and romance are top-rate as well. Congratulations, and many blessings, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for coming by Marianne! You all are reinforcing my excitement to read this story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww...thanks, Marianne.

    A.R., I just wanted to tell you again how much I appreciated you hosting this book spotlight.

    Best wishes for your own writing endeavors~

    ReplyDelete