Sunday, February 20, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Hi all! I had to miss last Sunday do to some unforeseen events. But I'm back! Something new I've started with my sentences this week is putting up an image that represents them.

This week, I was working on my current WIP, the last book in the Telomere Trilogy, Ending Eternity, and this fragment caught my attention as maybe a good one for this week.



"No, you just died emotionally to be rebirthed anew. Embrace your resurrection and allow your evolution to embrace you."

Luna looked back at the pool again, and the fish still playing with bubbles. The waterfall rumbled in the background and the wind whispered kisses along her skin. She could not thrive away from this, from them, from her way of life. She was heading to her end.

Hope you liked this week's sentences. Make sure to stop by the Six Sentence Sunday site and check out the other participating author's sentences. It's always a good bit of weekend fun.

20 comments:

  1. it'll be interesting to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. The description takes me right into the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, creepy and also beautiful! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sandra, Graylin, and Chrystalla! I'm glad you liked them.

    Sometimes change is hard and poor Luna goes through a lot of them in this story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, very intriguing. Can't wait to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful description! I'm anxious to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds really dire. Like she's going to die. I love the style of the writing, it's really tranquil despite the subject matter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She seems to have reached some tranquil place in her mind that she's connected to, like it's its own landscape. Her thoughts do seem somewhat fateful though. Intriguing six!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super interesting. I'd read more for sure. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Death and rebirth seem to be accepted with only a slight question by the heroine. It's a "what (and how) next?" situation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa! Interesting snippet, thanks!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the opening sounds quite ominous. Loved 'the wind whispered kisses along her skin.'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for your kind comments. Mucho appreciated!!!!

    Loving the new writers I'm meeting in the SSS fun...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the show of tranquilty, merging into the end line which slams tension into the mix. I'd flip those pages.
    I got seriously sidetracted on sunday, but your snippet and that waterfall pic makes me so glad I popped over.

    ReplyDelete