Sunday, March 20, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Okaley dokaley...it's Six Sentence Sunday time. Let's see. Let's see...Oh! I know!

I'll pull something from my current WIP, Book 3 of the Telomere Trilogy, Ending Eternity. This'll be out next year. The first in the series will be out this October though, which is exiting. 'Kay, here we go...


"I'm not paying you all to be frightened, Rafferty."

He leaned forward, waiting for Reith to break eye contact. "It ain't fright that keeps people away from the demon planet…it's common sense." He sneered. "Ain't no one going to go near Asatru. I was lucky enough to get a couple vessels once they heard Bonney's made 'em allies."
I know, I know. You're wondering why our favorite gruff old cowboy's image is used for a space story...I can't help it. My Muse kept planting his face and voice in my mind whenever a scene involving Rafferty came up. And, really, what will our civilization come to if gruff old men like this died out?
Make sure to check out the other authors participating in Six Sentence Sunday. Some pretty cool quick reads.

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like a western space opera to me! I like the coyboy feel to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Yes, this 3rd one does visit a more western and rustic region.

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kaye, sounds like space western. Your excerpt is very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go to the demon planet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. Thanks Chrystalla and Jessica.

    Pippa, I want to go too! If you book a flight, buy a ticket for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great voice! And as a Firefly fan, I'm always hooked at least a little bit by "COWBOYS...in SPACE!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I want to know is, what is on that Demon planet that is so scary that even tough ole cowboys are worried by things?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Krista.

    Susanna - I remember FireFly. I think I saw something about the series coming back up on...was it on the Sci Fi channel? I'll have to look.

    LOL! Christa - Oh, trust me, there is a good reason. Some places are just better left alone...and regarding Demon Planet (Asatru by chart name) this advice is especially true for the male population.

    Thank you all for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :d liking the tone of this. Space cowboys and demon planets? I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's perfect for sci-fi! Awesome job, I can't wait to read more. :o)

    ETA: word verification is STORMY - I am amused.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seeing the photo of Jack Palance from City Slickers gave the reading a character all its own. Wonderful six.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A demon planet? Possible space western? Tell more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Mina - Thanks!

    @ Liana - Thanks! Stormy, that's hilarious. (It actually reminded me of the Odd Thomas series.) I read your 6S...and...well...it was so good that I'm still trying to get the image out of my mind! (eeewww...)

    @ Lindsay, thanks. There's something about him that really makes you wish he was your tough grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Take inspiration wherever it comes from! Space cowboys! woot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can feel your cowboy - I totally get that from him, too.

    ReplyDelete