Sunday, March 27, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Lovin' this Six Sentence Sunday gig. It's super fun to read all the other snippets from participating authors. So, make sure you stop by the main site and check them out.

This week I thought I'd share a little from my currently halted SF-Mystery manuscript, Lilly's Journey. I started this one around the same time as Ending Eternity, to help break up the monotonous state of the series. It's also where I found out a trilogy will be about as long as I'll hang with the same characters. Though, I think I could do a series that swirls around a world, but just not a fixed set of characters.

So, here we go:


It should be raining, Lilly felt as she glanced up at the sky. The world should be raining to match her mood. Of course, as with everything else, the world defied her. Sun shone down from clear blue-green skies and basked them all with warmth that couldn’t reach past her skin to heat her aching heart.

Able Abe rested his big iron-like hand on her shoulder in a gentle manner. “It’s time, Lilly Girl," he mumbled.

I'll be finishing this up after I complete my current WIP and am looking forward to delving back into it.

Hope you enjoyed it!

17 comments:

  1. isn't it funny how we always want the weather to match our mood? Nice 6!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great description of emotion, very subtle. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great description of emotions, very subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emotional six. Subtle, like everyone else stated, but very effective. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sun should not be shining when we're crying.
    Love the six.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Especially like -"the world defied her."

    ReplyDelete
  7. excellent 6. the description was wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all! I'm glad it turned out good. I was nervous about repeating the sentence...thought maybe it was too repetitive, but at the same time I wanted to imprint her frustruation with it.

    Thank you all again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice description of her emotional state.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this six. It touching and emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Days like that are so trying. My heart goes out to her. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No fair. YOu left us haning with great descriptions

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Susanna, Kaye, Lauri and Lindsay. I'm glad you liked this week's sentences.

    LOL Lindsay...yeah, I guess I did a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It never rains when it should!

    great six!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joleen - LOL, so true! Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the line 'with warmth that couldn’t reach past her skin to heat her aching heart.' :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree - wonderful description of her mood.

    ReplyDelete