Saturday, June 26, 2010

City Building

Need some world building inspiration? Feel like what your building is a little stale and small scales...not innovated enough?

I was working on my story tonight and found myself a little drained with a new space city my characters are heading too. So I clicked on one of the favorite sites, Popular Magazine and found a great article, Environmental Visionaries: The Urban Remodeler.

This engineer and engineers like him might be of help to you. These people build cities of the future based on their vision of where today's technology will be in 100-150 years. This kind of research can be a great launching point for the city ports of your story's future.

Take a look at the article's sample vision proposal...I know, totally awesome!
If you want to see more about this kind of visionary engineering, check out the Terraform1 site.

No comments:

Post a Comment