Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Quickie Writer's Moment

A block away from work, I started thinking about my new space epic. Puzzle pieces started falling from the sky for the next 3 blocks.

I stopped at an intersection and pressed the crossing button right as a certain subplot came clear to me. My antagonist's motives and their hidden ties to one of the main characters.

I know it's important she remain unaware, but should he also? How this will impact certain scenes later in the manuscript? How it will affect the dynamics of the other main characters? It means I have to add at least 4 more scenes...

I look up right as my walking symbol finishes: 4, 3, 2, 1, red hand.

Crap, I was so busy thinking about my story I stood through the whole crossing period.

Good writing all...and don't forget about the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment