Monday, January 4, 2010

Second Story Finds A Home

Yay! One of my babies found a home today.

Judgment is not very big, complete at a little over 2200 words. The story is a work of speculative fiction following Nita's journey into the afterworld. This is another story that started out as a dream. Though the dream was triggered by research, so I'm not sure it fully counts as a purely dreamed concept. It did, however, trigger a whole life evaluation.

The story will be in Pill Hill Press' upcoming anthology The Four Horseman: An Anthology of Conquest, War, Famine, and Death. I just double-checked their website and the release date is June 2010.

I first came across Pill Hill Press through one of my online writer's resources, Editors Unleashed. I clicked on one of the forum links to the small press and after reading the open submission knew I had to get something into one of their anthologies.

This book is going to be great and has the added bonus of being illustrated. I can't wait to see what the artist envisions for Judgment. As an amateur (very, very amateur) artist my brain has thought of a dozen ideas. But, they have a professional, so I know he'll pick a perfect image for it.

Here's a link to the full list of contributors: The Four Horseman - Final Selection

I'll keep you all posted on the progress of this and let you know when the book comes out.

Good writing all!

3 comments:

  1. I still cannot believe you are getting published. Not that you don't deserve it, cause you do. But that it's actually happened for one of us!! I am SO proud of you, and I have told EVERYONE I know. And I mean EVERYONE, so get that hand ready, you are going to be autographing some books!!
    Love ya girlie!!

    ReplyDelete